‘’You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.’’ – John C. Maxwell.
Welcome back to Happier at Work! This week’s solo episode continues as we dive into part two of ‘’The secret to creating routines to reach your goals’’ with your host Aoife O’Brien. If you missed part one of this session, fear not, as you can catch up on playback HERE.
This week, Aoife discusses goal setting and habit formation and explores what are limiting beliefs and how we can overcome them. Aoife also weighs up the importance of focusing on commitment rather than waiting for moments of motivation to arrive. Essential points covered throughout this episode include:
– Acknowledging and overcoming disruptive goal blockers.
– How to stay in your own lane.
– Why it is important to listen to your body.
– Making time for self-reflection.
– Overcoming imposter syndrome and tackling limiting beliefs.
– How commitment is vital for goal achievement.
– The difference between growth and fixed mindsets.
– Striking the balance between self-compassion and self-discipline.
– The Four Tendencies by Gretchen Rubin.
– The importance of delegation and embracing support.
– The return on investment with your time and money.
Year Compass – Free booklet to help you reflect on the past year and prepare for a new year ahead.
Book: Wink and Grow Rich by Roger Hamilton.
Book: The Four Tendencies by Gretchen Rubin.
Quiz: The Four Tendencies quiz by Gretchen Rubin.
THE LISTENER’S SAY:
Have a topic in mind that you would love for me to explore on future podcasts? If so, please connect with me via the links below and let me know. I would love to hear from you!
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien: