Have you found your professional purpose? In this week’s solo episode, Aoife discusses her why and opens up about past work experiences where she came face to face with a toxic work environment and, on the other hand, a lack of workplace fit.
As the well-known saying goes, every cloud has a silver lining. Even though Aoife’s past experiences weren’t idyllic, they did steer her to where she is today, helping individuals and organisations seek and obtain happiness at work and avoid workplace dissatisfaction. Throughout the discussion, Aoife weighs up her career management and unpacks her ten-year journey of confidence rebuilding and the valuable lessons she has learned throughout her professional career. Further key points throughout include;
– Career reflections and personal growth
– A passion for category management: Improving marketing and sales
– The realisation of being in a toxic work environment
– A breakdown of communication in the workplace
– Management styles: the costly impact of micromanagement
– The role of HR and the damage of broken promises
– How to deal with job dissatisfaction and pressure at work
– Qualities of an effective manager
– The rising issue of workplace bullying and organisational politics
– The importance of maximising your strengths at work
‘’The thing about toxic work environments is that sometimes they’re just toxic. But sometimes it’s just that it’s not a good fit for you individually.’’ – Aoife O’Brien.
THE LISTENERS SAY:
Do you have any feedback or thoughts on this discussion? If so, please connect with Aoife via the links below and let her know. Aoife would love to hear from you!
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien: