Bienvenido de nuevo a Happier at Work – Welcome back to Happier at Work!
Aoife dedicates this week’s solo episode to her experience of kickstarting 2022 with a sense of adventure by working remotely in Spain’s largest Canary Island, Tenerife. When posting online about working from abroad, Aoife was flooded with questions from fascinated followers, and with that has decided to share her travelling tale.
In this episode, Aoife unpacks her experience of travelling and working remotely, shares insights on the importance of discipline and routine, and reveals what she would do differently next time around. Main points throughout include:
– Finding suitable accommodation for your needs.
– What is remote working and is it for everyone?
– Discipline and commitment: The keys to working remotely.
– The importance of creating an effective work routine.
– Remote and flexible working guidelines.
– Work time management: setting goals and prioritising tasks.
– The pitfalls of remote working.
– Managing work productivity and achieving work objectives.
– The importance of leadership communication in a remote world.
– Adjusting back home after working abroad.
THE LISTENER’S SAY:
Have a topic in mind that you would love for Aoife to explore on future podcasts? If so, please connect with Aoife via the links below and let her know.
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien:
Aoife’s interview on LMFM Radio’s Late Lunch with Gerry Kelly – 28 January 2022:
Aoife’s feature in The Sunday Times:
Airbnb Vacation rental company:
Duolingo – language learning website and app: