‘’The only people who get upset when you start setting boundaries are the ones who benefited from you not having them.’’
Welcome back to Happier at Work! Aoife recently conducted poll research on LinkedIn to gather feedback on what listeners would be interested in hearing in these future solo episodes. The results overwhelmingly steered towards the hot topic of hybrid work, along with setting boundaries at work. In this episode, Aoife will be diving into boundaries – what are they, and what impact weak boundaries have.
Establishing and communicating healthy boundaries at work is vital from the get-go. Boundaries help set clear expectations and protect individuals from work overwhelm, stress, and burnout, which can quickly lead to job dissatisfaction. During this discussion, Aoife will share personal insights with listeners on setting clear boundaries from an individual and a managerial perspective. Further key points covered include:
- What are boundaries?
- The importance of boundaries and the impact they have.
- How to identify weak boundaries.
- The importance of communication at work.
- Setting expectations with employees.
- Is resignation the solution?
- Handling boundary blurred lines whilst working from home.
- Tips to restore work-life balance.
- Imposter syndrome and people-pleasing.
- Getting comfortable with saying no and preparing for pushback.
- The key to prioritising tasks.
- Creating a safe work environment.
- Understanding the boundaries of others.
THE LISTENERS’ SAY:
Have a topic in mind that you would love for me to explore on future podcasts? If so, please connect with me via the links below and let me know. I would love to hear from you!
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien: