‘’I no longer care about my own individual success because I’ve realised that the only way I grow and feel satisfaction is if I grow with other people. And it’s super important for me to be part of a group that cares about each other’s growth rather than their own individual success.’’ – Yogesh Soni.
Joining Aoife on the podcast this week is Yogesh Soni. Born and raised in India and currently based in Silicon Valley, Yogesh is a tech mastermind who has worked with the world’s top tech companies for two decades and has built products that millions have used globally. After soul-searching and experiencing a lack of fulfilment at work and a sense of living for the weekend, Yogesh turned to writing and released his debut book ‘’Digital Belonging’’. Through his writing, Yogesh is on a mission to bring the human element into the workplace, focusing on employee well-being.
In this episode, Yogesh shares his calling to Europe and his love of Switzerland and takes us on the journey of finding the missing piece from his career. Yogesh also explores the implications of job dissatisfaction and workplace toxicity and shares how to create a culture of belonging in the workplace. Key points throughout the discussion include:
– An introduction to Yogesh Soni.
– The detrimental impact of loneliness and isolation on our health.
– An insight into war within teams and individualistic culture.
– The Bell Curve tool for performance management.
– Team alignment: the key to building high-performing teams.
– Building communities in the workplace.
– Yogesh’s DIGITAL and TACT framework.
– Why autonomy in the workplace matters.
– How to create belonging in the workplace.
– Workplace misfits: It’s okay to walk away.
– What Happier at Work means to Yogesh.
THE LISTENERS SAY:
Do you have any feedback or thoughts on this discussion? If so, please connect with Aoife via the links below and let her know. Aoife would love to hear from you!
Book: Digital Belonging by Yogesh Soni.
Listen back: Ted Rubin on Happier at Work
Connect with Yogesh Soni:
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien: