‘’A network gives you reach but a community gives you power. Networks connect and communities care.’’ – Ted Rubin.
Ted Rubin is a leading Social Marketing Strategist, Speaker, Photofy CMO… Author, Connector, Provocateur. In 2009 he started using/evangelizing the term ROR, Return on Relationship, (#RonR). Many people know Ted for his enthusiastic, energetic, and undeniably personal connection to people.
In this episode, Aoife and Ted discuss the impact of creating a business community, and how empowering employees can motivate, instill greater trust and improve longevity as well as performance results.
Key points covered in the episode include;
– Ted’s introduction to business, working on Seth Godin’s start-up and his shift from sales into marketing.
– Empowered employees power your brand.
– Identifying your core values and showing the human side to your business.
– How negative feedback or criticism can bring opportunities. By giving your employees or customers a voice, you can act on their feedback.
– Seeing employee creative content as a resource for reach.
– How work and home life can be interlinked.
– The benefits of creating a business community.
– Developing a pre-approval process for content.
– The attitude of putting people first, rather than profit.
– A look into how the working world is shifting.
– Ted’s personal views on hiring techniques.
– The impact of the pandemic and the lessons we can carry forward.
Ted was Chief Social Marketing Officer (a title he created in 2011) of Collective Bias, and a principal shareholder until the 2016 acquisition by Inmar. In the words of Collective Bias Co-Founder John Andrews… “Ted, you were the vision, heartbeat, and soul of Collective Bias, thank you for building a great company. From innovations like CB. Socially to the amazing relationships you built with the blogger community, clients, and employees, you drove the epic growth.’’
Connect with Ted Rubin:
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien:
Resources – Ted Rubin Books :
Return on Relationship
How To Look People In The Eye Digitally
The Age of Influence: Selling to the Digitally Connected Customer
Available now on https://tedrubin.com/books/