There is no doubt that workplace toxicity is a crucial component to the matter of unhappiness at work. Toxicity is indeed the culprit driving the great resignation. In this week’s solo episode, Aoife uncovers the damages of a toxic culture and turns her focus to findings from two fascinating articles from the MIT Sloan management review.
Throughout the episode, Aoife discusses the red flags within a toxic working environment and how a workplace can be toxic single-handedly rather than collectively. Aoife also reminds us that payment is not always the leading cause of staff turnover and sheds light on how the future of work is changing. Key points throughout the episode include:
– Aoife’s experience of working in a toxic culture
– The top five predictors of attrition
– The telling signs of a toxic working environment
– The key to retaining and attracting talent
– The benefit of introducing lateral career opportunities in the workplace
– Why organisations should embrace flexible working arrangements
– Harnessing connection and collaboration within an organisation
THE LISTENERS SAY:
Do you have any feedback or thoughts on this discussion? If so, please connect with Aoife via the links below and let her know. Aoife would love to hear from you!
MIT Sloan management review
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien: