Did you know that recruiting teams and hiring managers spend 80% of their time on manual tasks!? Joining Aoife on the podcast this week is special guest Josh Secrest, Vice president of marketing and client advocacy at the hiring technology company Paradox. Paradox’s mission is to empower recruitment teams to spend time with people, not software, with their AI flagship product, Olivia.
With clients like Amazon, McDonald’s and Nestle, to name a few, there is no doubt that Josh holds the key to recruiting smarter. In this episode, Josh unpacks the powerful combination of HR and technology, sharing how to supercharge your recruitment process, gain extra time and alleviate unwanted frustrations. Josh explores how you can overcome business challenges by using data to solve problems, unpacks the magic that lies within assistive technology and reveals hiring approaches and how you can bring warmth and humanity back into the workplace. Key points throughout include:
– An introduction to Josh Secrest
– Why the skill of listening is vital in business
– Striking a balance between human interaction and AI
– Removing obstacles from the recruitment process
– Combining HR with assistive technology
– Mastering your approach to hiring and maintaining company talent
– Mapping a candidate and customer journey
– The benefits of automated processes in the workplace
– An insight into boss, concept and culture
– Championing the champions of talent
– What happier at work means to Josh
‘’The data says that people typically apply to 12 jobs around the same time. So, if you can be the first to get back and start communicating there, I think it gives you an advantage to move through.’’ – Josh Secrest.
THE LISTENERS SAY:
Do you have any feedback or thoughts on this discussion? If so, please connect with Aoife via the links below and let her know. Aoife would love to hear from you!
Connect with Josh Secrest:
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien: