Have you recently checked in on your goals and intentions? Is 2023 the year you make a career move or leap to escape workplace toxicity? If so, this episode is a must-listen for you! This week, Aoife’s solo episode is coming to you live from sunny Tenerife, focusing on the issue of toxic workplaces and the practical steps you can take to improve your working situation.
Aoife delves into the task of maintaining a happier working environment, shares tips for dealing with frustrations at work, and unpacks the importance of aligning your core values with your chosen workplace. Aoife also reminds us that if you’re feeling stuck at work, you have options and that leaving is okay. Further key points throughout include:
– How to eliminate toxic work behaviour
– What does a toxic work environment look like?
– The traits of a toxic boss
– How to handle micromanagement and break the expectations of overworking
– The impact of toxic colleagues in the workplace
– A reminder: It’s okay to quit your job!
– Take back your power and boost your confidence
– Making time to focus on what you want
– Aligning your core values with your needs and strengths
“People are ten times more likely to resign from an organisation if they find themselves in a toxic environment, compared to their likelihood of resigning due to pay-related matters.” – Aoife O’Brien.
THE LISTENERS SAY:
Do you have any feedback or thoughts on this discussion? If so, please connect with Aoife via the links below and let her know. Aoife would love to hear from you!
Listen back to previous Happier at Work episodes:
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien: