Since the arrival of the unprecedented Covid-19 pandemic, there is no doubt that the way we work is swiftly changing. Is money the key to unlocking happiness? Joining Aoife this week is special guest Marisa Elzundia. Marisa is a people development coach and creator of the Emotional Salary Barometer.
Through research-based insights, practical advice, and real-life examples, Marisa discusses taking personal responsibility for your work experience and reveals how you can become more empowered in your career. Get ready to unlock how you can become happier at work by maximising the non-financial benefits of your job. Further key points throughout include:
– An introduction to Marisa Elzundia
– Aside from money, why do people work?
– An overview of the Emotional Salary Barometer tool
– How leaders can impact your emotional salary
– The knowing-doing gap: what is holding you back?
– How empowered employees are influencing the future of work
– Why taking responsibility for your experience at work matters
– Are self-limiting beliefs blocking you from opportunities?
– What being happier at work means to Marisa
THE LISTENERS SAY:
Do you have any feedback or thoughts on this discussion? If so, please connect with Aoife via the links below and let her know. Aoife would love to hear from you!
” I always say that if you want to increase your emotional salary, start by increasing the emotional salary of others. Because once you do that, you’re going to see firsthand the impact it has on others, and also the impact it has on you.” – Marisa Elzundia.
Book: The Go Giver by bob Burg and John David Mann
Book: Four Thousand Weeks by Oliver Burkeman
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien: