Have you ever experienced the mismatch between what senior leaders think about employee well-being and what employees actually feel? On this latest solo episode of Happier at Work, Aoife discusses the importance of well-being at work and how to better influence senior leadership, with data to back it up.
Get ready to learn how to create a happier workplace with Aoife’s valuable framework and discover what it takes to ensure your team is adequately staffed and set clear boundaries between work and home life. Plus, learn the key to providing regular feedback and recognition within the workplace. Further points throughout include:
– Well-being at work: why it matters and the implications of ill-being at work
– The role of well-being in talent recruitment and retention
– The cost of disengaged and underperforming employees
– Addressing wellness obstacles: The C-Suite mismatch of well-being in the workplace
– Are you optimising your organisational data?
– An insight into the Happier at Work framework
– Workplace authenticity: are leaders transparent about their struggles?
– How employee recognition can empower your workforce
– The importance of communicating and committing to your boundaries
“There is a mismatch between what C suite executives think employee well-being is versus how they’re supporting it, or what employees are saying when it comes to their well-being. On the one hand, C suite executives think they’re doing a great job of employee well-being, but employees are not saying that same thing.” – Aoife O’Brien.
Deloitte research findings: Employee Wellness in the Corporate Workplace
Listen back: From Burnout to Bliss with Lesley Cooper
THE LISTENERS SAY:
Do you have any feedback or thoughts on this discussion? If so, please connect with Aoife via the links below and let her know. Aoife would love to hear from you!
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien: