Are you tired of feeling overwhelmed and stressed out at work? We know how tough that can be, and this week’s guest Lesley Cooper is here to help you leap from burnout to bliss. Lesley is the proud owner of WorkingWell Limited, which helps businesses across the globe create engaged and energised cultures whilst supporting sustainable and healthy performance levels.
Get ready to discover how employee well-being and performance are increasingly intertwined within the modern workplace. Lesley shares fascinating insights on creating a psychologically safe culture and emphasises the importance of addressing work-related stress, recognising internal narratives, and prioritising physical and emotional well-being. Further key points throughout include:
– An introduction to Lesley Cooper
– The red flags of workplace toxicity and creeping irritabilities
– Minding your well-being: the pressure of busyness
– Psychological safety: are you bringing your authentic self to work?
– Stretch to Strain: Pressure VS Stress VS Growth
– Why you need to protect your mind, body and energy
– The importance of creating an environment of well-being
THE LISTENERS SAY:
Do you have any feedback or thoughts on this discussion? If so, please connect with Aoife via the links below and let her know. Aoife would love to hear from you!
“What happens when you put human beings under consistent pressure to achieve more with less and less is that they eventually check out emotionally. There’s a defence mechanism in that because we like to win, we are mission-driven. You need a certain amount of success. You need to feel that you’ve made a contribution to feel that you’ve achieved something.” – Lesley Cooper.
Listen back to previous Happier at Work episodes related to psychological safety in the workplace:
Connect with Lesley Cooper:
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien: