Do you want to work less and still get more done? This episode is for you!
In this week’s episode of the Happier at Work® podcast, my guest is Alex Pang, Director of Programs at 4 Day Week Global. We discuss the increasingly important topic of work sustainability and finding a better work-life balance. Alex brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the table, drawing on his background as a technology forecaster and futurist. In this episode, we delve into the detrimental effects of overworking, societal pressures, and the fear of missing out on success.
Overworking and prioritising professional success over personal life has become an all-too-common issue plaguing our society. Although overworking may feel rewarding in the moment, it ultimately has detrimental effects on our long-term well-being. The fear of missing out on success and societal pressure fuel this problem, making it difficult to strike a healthy work-life balance.
As we collectively seek work-life balance and sustainable work practices, let us remember that change starts with each one of us. By joining forces and finding common solutions, we can create happier and more fulfilling workplaces where everyone thrives.
The main points throughout this podcast include:
– the difference between perceived productivity and actual productivity,
– a smarter, better approach to work that benefits both individuals and organisations
– practical steps to reduce distractions, incorporate rest into the workday, and implement effective work habits
– busyness does not equate to effectiveness
– the importance of making time for thinking
– rest and its role in developing and sharpening our physical and mental abilities
– successfully implementing a 4-day workweek
Do you have any feedback or thoughts on this discussion? If so, please connect with Aoife via the links below and let her know. Aoife would love to hear from you!
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien: