Aaron Burnett is the CEO and founder of Wheelhouse Digital Marketing Group, a fast-growing digital marketing agency recognised by Inc. Magazine as one of the best places to work in the United States. Aaron joins us in this episode for an in-depth look at how he has cultivated and built a thriving company based on an unwavering focus on helpfulness, generosity and joy. Key points covered in the episode include:
– The variances of expectations between our personal life and work life.
– Being guided by values of helpfulness, generosity, stewardship, trustworthiness and joyfulness.
– Agency perspective and breaking away from traditional agency normalities.
– Twin Mission – being the best business partner for clients as well as the best working environment for employees.
– Making a positive impact on your employee’s professional journey roadmap.
– Practices put in place to enhance the wellbeing of employees.
– A look into Wheelhouse’s Joy fund and how it brings people closer and causes a positive ripple effect within the organisation.
– How Covid impacted the company and their coping mechanisms.
– The importance of communication with staff during challenging times.
– How the good in what we do can truly makes us happy.
Wheelhouse is the culmination of Aaron’s experience and commitment to values-driven decision making. It’s a story told through performance, such as the 50 percent year-over-year growth the company has enjoyed for the past five years–all through referrals from delighted clients.
Prior to Wheelhouse DMG, Aaron was president of Produxs, a UX design firm (acquired by UpTop), was founder of Nuevas Fronteras, the first telecommunications service aggregator serving the Hispanic community in the U.S., SVP Marketing for Speakeasy, VP of Marketing for NetMotion Wireless and VP of Sales & Marketing for AT&T Wireless.
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien:
Inc magazine – https://www.inc.com/
The Art of Possibility by Benjamin Zander and Rosamund Stone Zander
The Go-Giver by Bob Burg