Peter Connolly is a Workplace & Lifestyle Occupational Therapist with 16 years clinical experience specialising in sustainable high performance, mental wellbeing & burnout prevention. In this week’s episode, Aoife & Peter discuss mental wellbeing, lifestyle awareness and the ability to stay in contact with the present moment even throughout testing times. Key points covered in the episode include;
– An introduction to Psychological flexibility.
– Occupational health – focusing on what you need and want to do.
– Early intervention & prevention.
– The importance of cultivating compassion for our self and for others.
– Being kind to our mind and opening ourselves to nourishing experiences.
– Staying grounded throughout challenging times and focusing on what matters most.
– Understanding the impact of the mind.
– The knowing-doing gap.
– The power of practice, repetition and visualisation.
– Observing your inner dialogue without any judgement.
The FITMINDS program is the first online membership program of its kind, with two packages:
FITMINDS Community, with a focus on Mental Wellbeing & Prevention.
High Performance with a focus on Sustainable High performance & Mental Wellbeing in Sport, Business & Arts.
Peter has previously worked at South London & Maudsley (SLAM), Saint John of God Hospital, Saint Patrick’s hospital. Peter currently provides clinical input to the Dean Clinic (ST Patrick’s hospital) & is trainer with Mental health First Aid Ireland. He has written for RTE lifestyle, appeared on the TV show Operation Transformation & contributes regularly on radio and media outlets.
Connect with Peter Connolly
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien: