“It’s very easy to say we’re offering flexible working but actually what are you changing within how you run your business, how you engage with your staff, how you manage your staff, how you promote your staff, all of those things have to be factored in.” – Niamh O’Brien.
Welcome back to Happier at Work! This podcast is for leaders who put people first and care about engagement and belonging, performance and productivity, leadership, equity and the future of work. Today’s episode is an O’Brien double as joining your host is special guest Niamh O’Brien. Niamh is a director of BDO Talent management at BDO Ireland and holds over twenty years of experience working across recruitment, people solutions, talent management and talent acquisition.
Niamh is passionate and driven about employee experience, diversity, and inclusion at work. In this episode, Niamh unpacks how people are the heart of the business and explains why people are always at the forefront of everything she does. Niamh also reveals why companies should never overlook alternative talent pools and shares valuable advice on why now is the time for welcoming the future of work. Main points throughout the episode include:
– An introduction to Niamh O’Brien.
– How to embrace flexible work.
– The war of talent.
– The anticipation of the great resignation.
– Career reflections post-pandemic: what really matters?
– What does the future of work look like?
– The key to attracting and retaining staff.
– The rise of outcome-based work culture.
– Leading and managing in a remote world.
– Dipping into alternative talent pools.
– Overcoming self-doubt and imposter syndrome.
– What makes Niamh happier at work.
THE LISTENERS SAY:
Do you have any feedback or thoughts on this discussion? If so, please connect with Aoife via the links below and let her know. Aoife would love to hear from you!
Connect with Niamh O’Brien:
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien: