“Employees are looking to work in organisations that have a clearly defined purpose, and whose purpose really aligns with what it is that they want to do themselves as well.” – Aoife O’Brien.
Welcome back to Happier at Work! Over the last couple of years, we have all experienced a tremendous amount of change in our lives from experiencing challenging lockdowns, movement restrictions, a lack of human connection and, of course, a complete overhaul in how we operate at work. Home dining tables and spare box rooms unexpectedly became our new working environments, transforming cosy nests into new makeshift office spaces.
In today’s solo episode, Aoife revisits the topic of finding your work purpose to discuss developments that have occurred since the arrival of the Covid-19 pandemic. Aoife explores how workers are redefining their purposes, looking inward to explore their true professional needs and wants, and how they wish to spend their time. Aoife also discusses the link between employee disengagement and the great resignation. Further key points throughout the discussion include:
– The meaning of purpose at work.
– Arising opportunities within a pandemic.
– Recruitment strategies: The importance of obtaining and maintaining suitable candidates.
– The attraction of purpose-driven organisations.
– Aoife’s journey of bidding farewell to the corporate world.
– Overcoming negative work experiences.
– Aoife’s mission to create happier workplaces.
– The link between employee dissatisfaction and the great resignation.
– The Sparketype Test: discover the work that makes you come alive.
– Have you unlocked fulfilment at work?
THE LISTENERS SAY:
Do you have any feedback or thoughts on this discussion? If so, please connect with Aoife via the links below and let her know. Aoife would love to hear from you!
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien:
Listen back to the Happier at Work episode with Fiona English on Meaning at Work.
The Golden Circle Presentation by Simon Sinek
The Good Life Project Podcast with Jonathan Fields
The Sparketype Test