For more than two decades, Cali Williams Yost has been a leading authority on high-performance work flexibility. A visionary workplace futurist, strategist, and author, Yost is the Founder and CEO of the Flex+Strategy Group, a solutions company helping organizations unlock performance and engagement by reimagining how, when, and where work is done.
In this episode, Aoife and Cali discuss how organisations have pivoted their businesses over the last year in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Cali shares insights into how businesses recalibrated, looks at the contingency plan for moving forward, and discusses why remote working and flexibility within the workplace shouldn’t be feared. Key points throughout the show include:
– Cali’s introduction to workplace flexibility.
– The benefits of optimising flexibility in the workforce.
– What makes a forward-thinking leader?
– New methods of working and retaining culture.
– A look at how businesses have adapted, and how they will innovatively move forward.
– The barriers and opportunities that face businesses.
– The importance of operational resilience, effective coordination, and management.
– Leveraging technology and workspaces to boost productivity and collaboration.
– The concept of Work + Life fit, setting boundaries and honouring employees’ realities.
– How workplace flexibility can attract and retain local and global top talent.
Called “one of the most sophisticated thinkers” on the transformation of work by The New York Times, Yost approaches flexible work transformation as a strategic business imperative. Her work is rooted in original research on the skills individuals need to leverage flexibility and take control of their work + life “fit” in order to do their jobs and manage their lives.
She coined and codified her concepts on the flexible future of work in the empowering book, Tweak It: Make What Matters to You Happen Every Day, (Center Street/Hachette, 2013), and the critically acclaimed, Work+Life: Finding the Fit That’s Right for You (Riverhead/Penguin Group, 2004).
Yost graduated with honours from Columbia Business School where she’s noted as an alumnus “Changing the World.” In 2018, she was named one of the global management thinkers “On the Radar” by Thinkers50, and she has been cited as one of Forbes’s 40 Women to Watch Over 40.
Connect with Cali Williams Yost:
Cali Williams Yost books:
‘Work + Life: Finding the Fit That’s Right for You’
‘Tweak It: Make What Matters to You Happen Every Day’
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien: