Duena is the author of “Emotional Banking” and “People Before Tech: The Importance of Psychological Safety and Teamwork in the Digital Age”. She is a doer, an entrepreneur, an industry influencer, a blogger with a cutting-edge opinion style, a writer for Forbes, an international keynote speaker and the creator of the Emotional Banking™ and Human Debt™ concepts. Duena is the Co-Founder and CEO of PeopleNotTech – a company designing a revolutionary team software solution measuring and increasing Psychological Safety for high performing teams.
In this episode, Aoife and Duena dive into the hot topic of workplace Psychological Safety and discuss effective team dynamics. Duena also shares her drive for making teams and humans happier at work by increasing psychological safety and reducing human debt. Main points covered throughout the episode include:
– An introduction to Duena Blomstrom and her professional background.
– The concept of human debt.
– The impacts of not speaking up and being heard.
– Toxicity in the Workplace.
– How performance and productivity are essential.
– Understanding and establishing workplace wellbeing.
– Organisational permission and support.
– A look at Psychological Safety on an individual basis and team basis.
– The power of positive team dynamics.
– The importance of building safety & trust in the workplace.
– How superheroes can arise from any level within an organisation and make a significant change.
– What makes Duena Happier at Work.
Over the past 20 years, Duena has worked with multiple large organisations, be it to assist them in their digital strategy or to help them transform. With a background in Psychology and Business, Duena is on a crusade to see lasting change in this VUCA world, to assist companies avail themselves of Agile and the new ways of work and bring humanity back to the workplace.
Connect with Duena Blomstrom:
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien: