‘’The first time I came across the concept of values was as part of my executive coaching course, and it was one of those massive a-ha revelations that changed my life.’’ – Irial O’Farrell.
Founder of Evolution Consulting, Irial specialises in delivering change, enhancing business performance, and building better companies. On this latest Happier at Work episode, host Aoife O’Brien and guest Irial O’ Farrell dive into the subject of values.
We as individuals all hold values consciously and subconsciously. Throughout this episode, Irial discusses the values of business and the impact of identifying, defining, and reflecting values throughout the organisational culture. Irial also shares insights on conflicts in work as our values might not always be on par with others from time to time, and this disparity could lead to clashes and trust erosion throughout the workforce. Points throughout the show include:
– An introduction to Irial O’Farrell.
– The concept of workplace values.
– The importance of defining values and setting work boundaries.
– Putting values in place -VS- the lived experience.
– Learning to rank core business values.
– The power of vulnerability in leadership.
– Workplace law of attraction.
– Actively using values when seeking new fitting team members.
– Driving accountability in the workplace.
– The importance of a competence framework.
– The business impact of disconnecting with values.
– What makes Irial Happier at Work.
Did you know?
Irial is the first and at present only CMI-Accredited Master in Change Management in Ireland. Stay tuned as Irial’s forthcoming third book exploring unnecessary escalation of issues is due in September 2021.
Connect with Irial O’Farrell
Irial O’Farrell’s books:
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien:
Managing values at the workplace is a difficult endeavour, you can be up to date in the latest practices with business training