Welcome back to Happier at Work! Do you feel there is something missing from your work life? Have you ever let fear get in your way!? If so, you will thoroughly enjoy this discussion with Torch podcast host and social media & branding powerhouse Tiana Madera. Tiana has a deep passion for personal development, identifying wants and not allowing fear to limit any career or lifestyle moves.
In this episode, Aoife and Tiana discuss how to let go of fear and craft your career. Tiana shares a beautiful insight into her world, including how she carved her professional path and shares how she successfully built a social media department for a $1 billion corporation through her self-belief and self-leadership skills. Main points covered throughout the show include:
– An introduction to Tiana Madera.
– Self-management: identifying our wants & needs.
– The professional impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic.
– The importance of autonomy.
– Tapping into your creativity and letting go of fear.
– How to create psychological safety at work.
– Igniting the power within and embracing opportunities.
– Overcoming limiting beliefs.
– Job crafting and accepting personal responsibility.
– What makes Tiana Happier at work.
“In life, people tend to wait for good things to come to them. And by waiting, they miss out. Usually, what you wish for doesn’t fall in your lap; it falls somewhere nearby, and you have to recognize it, stand up, and put in the time and work it takes to get to it. This isn’t because the universe is cruel. It’s because the universe is smart. It has its own cat-string theory and knows we don’t appreciate things that fall into our laps.” – Neill Strauss.
Currently based in LA, Tiana hosts Torch – a podcast for women in leadership focused on finding your strengths and moving past fears leading to a better life. You can listen to episode 55 of Torch featuring Aoife O’Brien here: 3 Needs to be Happier at Work with Aoife O’Brien – http://torchpodcast.com/55-2/
Connect with Tiana Madera:
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien: