Welcome back to Happier at Work! To celebrate the recent milestone of reaching 100 episodes, Aoife has put together a selection of unique episodes. For today’s solo special, Aoife opened the floor to the listeners for any questions or topics of interest that they wished to get covered.
Today’s episode will be focused on maintaining employee satisfaction during the great reshuffle as a brilliant question came in from an anonymous listener wondering how to manage an ambitious team when there are limited opportunities for career progression during these challenging times of change. Aoife will discuss the key to motivating employees and sustaining employee engagement, the power of open communication in the workplace and will share prevention techniques for employee turnover so you can retain your top talent. Key points covered include:
– Work progression: are you ready to move into management?
– The importance of understanding employee motivation.
– Introducing opportunities for lateral moves in the workplace.
– Effectively increasing responsibility at work.
– Allowing time to assess career moves.
– Are your employee’s satisfaction needs being met?
– The value of open communication within your team.
– How to encourage employee autonomy at work.
THE LISTENERS SAY:
Do you have any feedback or thoughts on this discussion, or have a burning question that you would love to ask? If so, please connect with Aoife via the links below and let her know.
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien: