This week’s solo episode focuses on the rising concept of toxic productivity and the busyness badge of honour. We can all strive to be productive, but do we recognise the detrimental impact of busyness on our mental health and bodies, and is it a badge of honour worth wearing?
In this episode, Aoife discusses the link between busyness and success, the need for setting personal boundaries and the importance of self-reviewing to reflect and identify where time is being spent in order to create a more manageable workload. The main points covered in the discussion include:
– The impact of toxic productivity and the busyness badge of honour.
– The link between busyness and success.
– Time management and self-evaluation: where is your time being spent?
– Conducting business meetings: are they necessary?
– Are you doing the right work?
– The importance of setting self boundaries and goals.
– Reactive VS proactive behaviour.
– The blurred line between work and home.
– The danger of unclear work objectives.
– Managing perfectionism and imposter syndrome.
– Is your overwhelming workload a form of escapism?
– Getting a handle on your work routine.
– The rise of stress and work burnout.
THE LISTENERS SAY:
Do you have any feedback or thoughts on this discussion? If so, please connect with Aoife via the links below and let her know. Aoife would love to hear from you!
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien:
Recent Irish Times feature with Aoife O’Brien:
Happier at Work playback episodes: