Currently, on an exploration tour of Ireland, Aoife is coming to you live from Co. Sligo. However, in this week’s solo episode, Aoife is turning the temperature nozzle right up as she revisits her 10-week summertime experience in the largest Canary Island, Tenerife. Aoife discusses career flexibility and working abroad, adapting to a slower pace of life yet still prioritising tasks, things to consider before moving to work overseas and reveals how a re-infection of Covid-19 impacted her mental health. Key points throughout include:
– How to set priorities at work and achieve flexibility in your career
– How estimating our time can prove tricky
– Looking to save time? Start task batching!
– The importance of business reflection when planning for the future
– The key to improving your accountability
– The challenges of cultural diversity in the workplace
– How temperature can affect your work performance
– Be mindful: The rise of living costs at home and abroad
– The impact of Covid-19 on mental health
– Disconnecting from the 9-5 working culture
“Most people overestimate what they can do in a year, and they underestimate what they can do in two or three decades.’’ – Tony Robbins.
LEAD WITH EASE: HOW TO BE A HAPPIER MORE EFFECTIVE LEADER
Join Aoife O’Brien from Happier at Work and Niamh Brady from Better Workday for Lead with Ease, an online workshop specifically designed for people managers. This exclusive online event takes place on 25th and 26th of October. By the end of the two sessions, you will have strategies and tools to lead well and support your well-being. Secure your seat TODAY!
THE LISTENERS SAY:
Do you have any feedback or thoughts on this discussion? If so, please connect with Aoife via the links below and let her know. Aoife would love to hear from you!
Listen back: Travelling and working remotely with Aoife O’Brien
Listen back: Our right to unplug and disconnect with Chris Flack
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien: