Is workplace toxicity holding you back? If so, prepare to learn how to thrive in the workplace by recognising and avoiding toxic work environments. Joining Aoife this week is special guest Siobhan Kelly, founder of Mosaic Consultancy and host of the Glass House Podcast. Siobhan shares her career journey and offers invaluable insights on navigating toxic work environments, the negative impact of societal busyness, and the crucial importance of taking responsibility for one’s own role in shaping workplace culture. Further key points throughout include:
– An introduction to Siobhan Kelly
– Blurred lines: Can overworking be a coping mechanism?
– Unravelling from a work-based identity and overcoming traumatic experiences in the workplace
– The impact of the busyness badge of honour and operating in fear
– How the COVID-19 pandemic has redistributed power in the workplace
– The importance of switching off from work
– Employee development: the importance of career mapping
– The warning signs of bad management
– What being Happier at Work means to Siobhan
THE LISTENERS SAY:
Do you have any feedback or thoughts on this discussion? If so, please connect with Aoife via the links below and let her know. Aoife would love to hear from you!
The Glass House Podcast
Dorie Clark TED Talk https://www.ted.com/talks/dorie_clark_the_real_reason_you_feel_so_busy_and_what_to_do_about_it?language=en
Connect with Siobhan Kelly:
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien: