Paul Walker is currently the Chief Commercial Officer at Consumer Intelligence, the independent voice of insurance and retail banking, helping businesses see the world through the eyes of the consumer. Paul is a senior business leader who has a track record of empowering people to thrive as part of trusting, inclusive, autonomous and accountable workplace cultures.
In this episode Aoife and Paul discuss the strength in vulnerability and how this attribute can lead to less pressure, stronger meaningful relationships and great achievements. Key points covered include:
– What is vulnerability and how it is personal to each individual.
– Building meaningful relationships at work.
– The impact of human connection – opening yourself up and presenting your human side.
– Putting perceptions aside and people first.
– Freely being an authentic doer and removing your armour.
– How vulnerability can help you become an effective leader.
– Self-actualisation and being content with yourself. Staying true to you rather than striving for perfectionism and focusing on leading to please.
– The line between vulnerability and oversharing.
Paul consistently builds high-performance, multi-disciplinary teams which deliver results across countries and cultures. With a career spanning over 25 years, living and working in numerous countries, including Russia and Turkey, a core component of success has consisted of people becoming the very best versions of themselves.
Career highlights have included transforming loss-making business units to profit, whilst leading significant gains in both customer and employee engagement; building a team of senior client leaders globally and developing a reputation for world class engagement with the people in his teams.
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien:
Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
The Chimp Paradox by Professor Steve Peters