“I think energy is such an important thing. When you walk in as a leader, if you’re coming into the workplace, keeping an eye on your energy, and what you’re actually presenting in the business is really important.” – Gillian French.
Welcome back to Happier at Work! Following two traumatic and life adjusting years facing a global pandemic, major operational shifts are undergoing within organisations and workplaces across the globe. This week on the podcast, Aoife is delighted to be joined by special guest Gillian French. Gillian holds the brilliant title of Expert in Residence with Workvivo. Employee experience, HR and putting people first rather than profit is Gillian’s driver, and on this episode, Aoife and Gillian explore that and a whole lot more!
Gillian is passionate about helping organisations create wonderful sustainable cultures which support workers to flourish, work to their strengths and allow them to show up every day as their true selves. In this jam-packed discussion, Aoife and Gillian explore belonging at work and how people are the most important business asset. Gillian also highlights how work systems were broken pre-pandemic and questions if performance management may soon be a thing of the
Further key points covered throughout include:
– An introduction to Gillian French.
– Finding a sense of belonging in the workplace.
– The ripple effect of energy at work.
– The most important business asset.
– How to tackle employee disengagement.
– How to avoid burnout from work.
– Mastering time management at work.
– Setting boundaries at work to avoid workaholism.
– What does the future of work look like?
– The challenges of hybrid working.
– The downfalls of competition in the workplace.
– How to increase and maintain employee happiness.
– What makes Gillian happier at work.
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien:
Book: Reinventing organisations by Frederic Laloux.
Playback previous Happier at work episodes:
Andrew Barnes – From 4 Day Week
Andrew Barnes and Charlotte Lockhart – From 4 Day Week
Lasse Rheingans – The 5 Hour Work Day
Setting boundaries at work with Aoife O’Brien
Don’t miss out!
Aoife hosts live discussions on LinkedIn with her podcast guests each week, discussing hot topics from episodes and answering listeners’ questions. Connect with Aoife today to ensure you don’t miss out!