Welcome to this week’s solo episode of Happier at Work. This week in the midst of a rare thunderstorm in Dublin, Aoife answers a listener’s burning question regarding leaping into leadership.
From having a boss who made decisions and called the shouts to now being in command – Aoife dives into the transition into leadership and offers valuable advice on how to lead effectively and strategically. So if you are making big moves in business, this episode is for you as Aoife discusses the importance of gaining clarity and asking questions in the workplace. We also learn how companies can be enhanced through the power of listening and observing. The main points covered in this episode include:
– Preparation is vital: questions to ask as a business leader.
– Understanding the business: do your core values and the organisational values align?
– Resources for imposter syndrome.
– The impact of collecting employee feedback.
– Building and maintaining business relationships.
– Setting a vision and team development plan.
– Thinking out loud and effective decision making in business.
THE LISTENERS SAY:
Do you have any feedback or thoughts on this discussion? If so, please connect with Aoife via the links below and let her know. Aoife would love to hear from you!
LISTEN BACK: Happier at Work episodes
Overcoming imposter syndrome and igniting empowerment with Aoife O’Brien:
The values of business with Irial O’Farrell:
Connect with Happier at Work host Aoife O’Brien: